Wednesday, March 30, 2011

GREED OVER GLUTTON

This great Georgia pollen overload got me thinking about warmer weather, and with it my lame wardrobe. I made things worse by stalking through facebook photos of my trendier friends, and so became quickly depressed and at the same time, overwrought with horrible jealousy. My logical brain wrestled with my greedy conscience until I came up with a master plan.

Mental breakdown results in master plan
Master Plan: We can redistribute our finances in such a way that I can spend more money on clothes. Allow me to elaborate. (And I'm sure this is the entire point to the financial bible study I've been attending lately).

I spend a very generous amount of money on groceries once or twice a week. Before my couponing days, I wouldn't even glance at the bill. I just bought whatever I wanted to eat. When I shop for women's apparel, I hesitate, contemplate, and heavily criticize anything that is not priced at least 50% below its original value. I spend many lonely, painful hours shopping, and usually return home without a single piece of evidence.

This double standard is the very thing that must be eliminated in order for my wardrobe potential to be realized. Clothes are of greater importance. At the very least they are reusable. Food is a momentary pleasure and becomes quite literally, waste, whereas clothing can be enjoyed and appreciated for many days years to come.

I explained this rationale to hubby. All we have to do is starve a little and I can have more money for my clothes. Simple. Hubby said he's glad my normally dormant girly-gene is still intact.

... so, if we eat only rice and kimchi for a few months...

0 comments:

Post a Comment